I hope all things are well wherever in the world you may be!
I have realized that I haven’t properly introduced myself to you, so I thought why not share 25 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME.
This way you will have a better idea of who is the person writing these lines 🙂
Ok, now that has been said, let’s get right to it shall we?
1. I was originally born in San Salvador, El Salvador
but moved to Montreal, Canada when I was 7 years old.
2. I am a natural polyglot. I grew up learning English, French and Spanish. Hence, I served as an interpreter/translator for my family and friends from a young age and that explains why I love languages so much!
3. I am the youngest of three children (and the rebel of the familia). I have an older sister and older brother. I am an auntie. I have two nephews and a niece that I call little Miss K.
4. I was bitten by the travel bug since the first time I traveled (see No 1). Since then I have been very fortunate and have traveled to 30 countries.
5. I earned my Bachelor Degree in Arts, French Studies
6. After graduating, I went to Europe and traveled for 2 months which was my ultimate dream come true.
7. The countries I fell for were: Germany, Austria, Italy and Spain.
8. As I mentioned in No 2, I have a knack for foreign languages. Right this moment I speak and write: English, French, Spanish, German and Italian.
I have been studying: Korean, Japanese, Portuguese and Turkish for some time.
9. I have lived in 3 Canadian cities: Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto.
10. I’m a serial expat. I have lived in these countries:
El Salvador (San Salvador)
Canada ( See No 9 above)
USA (Queens, New York)
Italy (Rome, Bologna, Castelraimondo, Marche)
South Korea (Seoul)
11. The longest flight I’ve ever taken lasted 26+hours
It originated in Montreal (Yul)-Chicago(ORD)-San Francisco(SFO) and ended in Sydney(SYD)
12. My favorite song is Endless love by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
13. My favorite singer is Marc Anthony
14. I listen to The Ministry of Sound or play a video list while “in the zone” working away
15. My favorite color is blue
16. My favorite meal is any healthy & hearty Buddha bowl and love sandwiches
17. I love wine, particularly red (Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot)
18. My favorite coffee is caramel macchiato and love coffee from around the world as well as tea
19. Love me salted caramel chocolate (Lindt)
20. I am an avid and passionate reader.
My all-time favorite book is The Alchemist by the one & only Paulo Coehlo.
The latest book I read (a review is to come) is titled The Cilantro Diaries by Lorenzo Gomez III which is quite inspiring and full of humor.
21. My favorite authors are Dr. Brian Weiss who wrote Only Love is Real and Isabel Allende whose memoir Paula really moved and shook me to the core.
22. Best TV Show I watch religiously: Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain
23. I absolutely love quotes, may they be motivational, inspirational or awesome travel quotes
24. I love Formula 1 Racing and I always cheer for Scuderia Ferrari
and last but not least
25. I’m a HUGE futbol/soccer fan. My favorite teams are: FC Barcelona and Toronto FC
You seriously didn’t think I would stop at 25 did you? 😉
Here are some more facts
– I was an ESL teacher for a few years and taught from kindergarten students to teenagers to government employees
– Since I am a natural with foreign languages, I write, translate and proofread all types of documents. Check my profile on LinkedIn.
– My best friend and I have known each other for 25 years, she sure deserves an award for putting up with me and checking to see where on earth I am!
– I believe in angels
– I believe in the power of gratitude. Everything that comes your way is a gift or a lesson!
So there you have it. I hope you liked reading and learning more thanks to 25 Fun Facts About Me
I could easily go on and on but our time is valuable, so I’ll stop here for now.
I do want to thank you for taking the time to stop by!
If you still want more information or need help or want to work with me, you can always contact me through Social Media @Karla_Travels on Twitter/ and on Instagram or there’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org I will personally respond to every message.
Now I’m turning it over to you.
Tell me something that will allow me to get to know you better.
Go ahead and leave a comment, don’t hold back!
Until next time.
All the best, todo lo mejor